7.31.2011

Inconveniently Lenient.

A tad angsty, a bit overwhelmed, and completely bitter, these last few days have placed me in a bit of a funk.  Luckily, I'm good at pulling myself out of such funks in a semi-timely manner and my sage-like mind is in a state of constant meditation repeating the phrase "this too shall pass".  Melodramatic? Perhaps, but life without melodrama would be utterly one-dimensional.  Some one has to be the responsible thespian.  Not only is the wise part of my brain attempting to keep me sane, but I have found valid distractions from the ever-growing pessimistic beast that dwells within me and threatens the kindly part of my disposition:

Exhibit A) my new sewing corner is set up and with that basket bursting forth a variety of both new and used fabrics, my project board is sure to fill up quickly.

Exhibit B) I have joined the Virginia Production Alliance which shall provide a gaggle of vital networking opportunities to aid me in my film production future (well, here's hoping).

Exhibit C)  I have switched back to being completely vegan.  Summer is a fairly gnarly time to be consuming dairy products anyway.

Lately I've been thinking what it would be like to say everything you want to say to whomever, whenever.  There are people who claim to lack a "filter"-they claim they say what they want, when they want.  I have yet to meet someone who doesn't do this as a means of attacking another/over-compensating for their self-esteem issues.  I do not care to attack anyone, I don't want to break other people, my confidence needn't be boosted.  I simply despise tiptoeing around the truth.  I just want to be frank with people but my meek nature prevents me from doing so.  It is essential that I find a way to assert myself without sounding nosy/rude/aggressive.  This fine balance shall be achieved in due time.  Meanwhile, I need to work up the nerve to say some much-needed truths to some deserving folks.

This being the last day of July, I think I need to pay homage to the month.  I expected it to be a soothing 31 days filled with nothing but Netflix streaming and furniture re-arranging.  Mind you-it was, but I still managed to go slightly bananas.  That being said, here you go.

1 comment:

  1. Love your sewing corner!! Can't wait to see your creative products!

    ReplyDelete